Apply for Service

To receive electric service, you must be a member-owner of Rural Electric Convenience Cooperative. 

Apply now by downloading the Application for Membership

A $5 membership fee is required and completed forms can be submitted by: 

  • Email to
  • Mail to Rural Electric Convenience Cooperative, P.O. Box 19, Auburn, IL 62615, 
  • Visiting our office at 3973 W State Route 104 in Auburn.


Transfer an Existing Service

If you are moving to a location that already has electric service, you can simply call our office at 217-438-6197 to transfer the account to your membership.

Please furnish the following information:

  • Service Address
  • Billing address if not the same as the service address
  • Prospective member’s social security number, to determine the deposit amount needed to establish service


New Service

To establish electric service at a new construction site, call our office at 217-438-6197 to begin the process. An engineer will schedule an appointment at the job site to review your service options and discuss any work that may be needed prior to construction.