Teachers! Looking to add a little more spark to your education program? RECC is offering four $500 grants to help you! The Touchstone Energy Classroom Empowerment Grants Program will award four area teachers for education enhancement projects.
Public and private schools in the general service area of Rural Electric Convenience Cooperative can receive a grant of up to $500 for grades K-8. Up to two grants may be given for different grade levels within the same school district.
Application forms are available at the link below, and are due by November 4, 2016. Winners will be announced on December 1, and the project must be completed by May 20, 2017.While electricity and energy are not required to be the central topics of any project, entries that do include energy education will be weighted more favorably.
All applications should include the following details:
- A description of the project and what it will accomplish
- The estimated cost of the project
- An explanation of why outside funds are necessary to carry out the project
- When the project would be completed
- The number of people affected by the project
- If the project’s goals are measurable, and how
- How the project ties in with Touchstone Energy’s four core values of integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community.
Deadline: Grant applications deadline was November 4, 2016.
Mail, deliver or e-mail your application to:
Rural Electric Convenience Cooperative
3973 W. State Route 104
P.O. Box 19
Auburn, IL 62615
For more information, contact Dana Smith, Manager of Member and Public Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at his direct phone line 217-438-6516.
Download Application Form
(Contest is closed for 2016)