Teachers! Looking to add a little more spark to your education program? RECC is offering a $2,000 grant to help you! The Touchstone Energy Classroom Empowerment Grants Program will award two area teachers for education enhancement projects.
Public and private schools in the general service area of Rural Electric Convenience Cooperative can receive a grant of up to $2,000 for grades K-8. Only one grant may be given within the same school district.
Application forms are available at the link below, and are due by November 3, 2017. Winners will be announced on December 1, and the project must be completed by May 20, 2018.While electricity and energy are not required to be the central topics of any project, entries that do include energy education will be weighted more favorably.
All applications should include the following details:
- A description of the project and what it will accomplish
- The estimated cost of the project
- An explanation of why outside funds are necessary to carry out the project
- When the project would be completed
- The number of people affected by the project
- If the project’s goals are measurable, and how
- How the project ties in with Touchstone Energy’s four core values of integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community.
Deadline: Grant applications deadline is November 3, 2017.
Mail, deliver or e-mail your application to:
Rural Electric Convenience Cooperative
3973 W. State Route 104
P.O. Box 19
Auburn, IL 62615
For more information, contact Sandy Lex, Member Services Liaison at email@example.com, or at her direct phone line 217-438-6198.